See if you can tell which statements were actually uttered by “progressive” extremists:
10. Judge Kavanaugh has never spoken out against a nuclear first strike.
9. He will tip the Supreme Court more against workers’ rights, civil rights and women’s rights. Women’s freedom is at stake!
8. If confirmed, he will threaten the lives of millions of Americans for decades to come and will morph our Supreme Court into a political arm of the right-wing Republican Party.
7. Yale Law School is not that far from the Salem Witch Trials site.
6. I don’t know much about Kavanaugh, but am skeptical about anyone named Brett.
5. If Kavanaugh is confirmed, can I still get all my free stuff?
4. A devastating blow to American values.
3. He’s another dang Catholic, ain’t he?
2. We’ll be damned if we let five men, including some frat boy named Brett, strip us of our hard-won bodily autonomy and reproductive rights.
…and the NUMBER ONE “PROGRESSIVE” TALKING POINT AGAINST CONFIRMATION of JUDGE BRETT KAVANAUGH to the SUPREME COURT is:
1. Interpreting the Constitution as it was actually written…? Oh, the humanity!
#9 – Actual statement from US Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY).
#8 – Actual statement from former Virginia Governor (and DNC Chairman) Terry McAuliffe (D).
#6- Actual words of CBS jester and “Late Show” host Steven Colbert.
#4 – Actual comment from Governor Andrew Cuomo (D-NY).
#2 – Actual statement from the National Abortion Rights Action League (NARAL).
“Your Weekly American Top Ten list” is intended as humorous commentary, and not as actual news. To subscribe for free, log on to www.gipperten.com . Then, complete the “subscribe” boxes and submit. Or, write to the editor at firstname.lastname@example.org . Enjoy!