10. $155 million to purchase ice cream for every Californian.
(Amendment announced in front of Nancy Pelosi’s industrial home refrigerator)
9. An amendment to the Urban Mass Transit Administrations’s (DOT) appropriation, providing for $509 billion for construction of a 63-mile under-the-Pacific tunnel linking the Honolulu Rail Transit Project with the island of Kaui.
-Sponsored by Reps. Lyndon Schatz (D-HI) and Zoe Cohen (D-TN)
8. $21 billion to provide for “individual usage” subway cars in New York City.
-Sponsored by Rep. Nydia Nadler (D-Brooklyn)
7. Bill to block access to the Interstate Highway System for any vehicle not mileage-rated at 50 miles-per-gallon (Voila!! Your permanent Green New Deal lockdown.)
-Sponsored by Rep. Ilhan Tlaib (D-Illinois)
6. $95 supplemental appropriation for the World Health Organization (WHO) to provide first-class air travel and Michelin-rated restaurant meals for deserving WHO bureaucrats
-Sponsored by Rep. Joaquin Abzug (D-MN)
5. An amendment to the Department of Homeland Security’s budget, authorizing the Secret Service to enforce “social distancing” perimeters around Al Franken, Joe Biden, Bill Clinton, Anthony Weiner and Katie Hill.
-Sponsored by Rep. Rose DiSwallwell (D-MD)
4. A bill to impeach Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue (from the Speaker’s “Why Not?” legislative priorities)
– Sponsored by Rep.Maxine Schiff (D- Ga.)
3. $41 million for the National Science Foundation (NSF), to study the dating habits of Star Trek convention enthusiasts.
-Sponsored by Rep. Nita Shalala (D-VA
2. $67 million to underwrite cultural performances at the Kennedy Center, Wolf Trap Performing Arts Center and the William J. Clinton Adult Film Festival
-Sponsored by Reps. Tulsi Wasserman Schultz (D-AR), Rep. Major Weiner (D-NY) and Rep. Beto Menendez (D-TX)
…and the NUMBER ONE HOUSE DEMOCRAT “AMENDMENT” to SLOW DOWN EMERGENCY RELIEF to AMERICAN FAMILIES and BUSINESSES is…
1. An amendment to the Department of Homeland Security authorization, to re-name “I.C.E” (US Immigration & Customs Enforcement) as “N.I.C.E” (No Illegal Can be Expelled)
-Sponsored by Rep. Hakeem Pascrell (D-AZ)
“Your Weekly American Top Ten list” is intended as humorous commentary, and is NOT a source of real news.
To subscribe to the “Top Ten” for free, please visit www.gipperten.com . Then, complete the “subscribe” boxes and submit.
While on the site, you can catch up on previous Top Tens from 2016-2019 by scrolling back. Enjoy! To communicate with the editor, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org