10. Mr. Raul and I agreed on upgrading to “hourly rafts” for escapees from Cuba.
9. Bringing back enough hand-rolled cigars for all the smoke-filled rooms in Chicago. (You’re welcome, Rahm!)
8. Glossy color photos of cop-killer Joanne Chesimard and mad bomber Guillermo Morales, relaxing on Cuban beaches.
7. That photo of me in front of Che Guevara ! I’ll be on college dorm walls forever.
6. Candy machines at new US Embassy replaced with guy selling healthful plantains.
5. Nostalgic tour of ready-to-use missile silos built by that “regional power” based in Moscow. (“Those aren’t pointed at the US, are they ?”, I asked
4. Gift of Mr. Fidel bobble-head fits beautifully in the White House where that bust of Churchill used to be.
3. Wow!! I just show up and there are no political prisoners in Cuba !
2. Mr. Raul will allow Christians to celebrate “Winter Solstice” this year.
…AND THE #1 ACHIEVEMENT from PRESIDENT OBAMA’s “HISTORIC” CUBAN TRIP DIARY is :
1. Salsa dancing in Havana proved to be excellent practice for tango-striding in Argentina.