10. “Don’t worry, Joe… this Red Bull is on me….” – PM Justin Trudeau
9. “Our friend President Xi would have been here, but he is cutting ribbons on seven new coal power plants today.”
8. “San Marino makes a motion, with Liechtenstein seconding: “Resolved, that the USA must end all fossil fuel usage this year.”
7. “Joe, if I knew you’d have a motorcade of 87 cars, I would’ve left mine at home in London.” – PM Boris Johnson
6. “Sir, if Congress came into session only once a year, could that solve our methane problem?”
5. “Vladimir could be a little late. He’s in a submarine, watching the final bolts go into the Gazprom Baltic Pipeline.”
4. “You mean you’re not scared of Kim jong-Un or ISIS… only Greta Thunberg?”
3. “Nah, I’ll just bum a ride home on John Kerry’s private jet.”
2. “How come that Macron feller still seems mad at me?”
…and the NUMBER ONE COMMENT OVERHEARD at the GLASGOW “CLIMATE CHANGE” CONFERENCE is:
“Your Weekly American Top Ten list” is intended as humorous commentary, and is NOT a source of real news.
To subscribe to the “Top Ten” for free, please visit www.gipperten.com . Then, complete the “subscribe” boxes and submit.
While on the site, you can catch up on previous Top Tens from 2016-2021 by scrolling back. Enjoy!
To communicate with the editor, please e-mail email@example.com .