Eight of these 10 “gaffes” are accurate quotes. The other two were made up by your humble editor. Can you guess which two are fake?
10. “We choose truth over facts…”
9. “This is a big $%&@#$% deal!” (heard over open microphone at the White House Obamacare bill signing ceremony)
8. “It’s great to be back here in North Carolina.” (during remarks in Danville, VA.)
7. “…Avoid planes, subways and classrooms.” (comment while other officials discouraged overreaction during swine flu epidemic)
6. “This isn’t a real massage, honey.”
5. “Why is it that Joe Biden is the first in his family ever to go to a university?” (part of a speech plagiarized from British political extremist Neil Kinnock)
4. “Folks, I can tell you I’ve known eight presidents, three of them intimately.”
3. “Believe me, Barack Obama has a big stick.”
2. “Tulsi, Tulsi… If I was only 30 years younger.”
…and the NUMBER ONE GAFFE from a CERTAIN FORMER VICE PRESIDENT is:
1. “I mean, you get the first African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice looking guy. I mean, that’s storybook, man.”
(Quotes #2 and #6 are completely fake. The rest were actually uttered by former VP Joe Biden).
“Your Weekly American Top Ten list” is intended as humorous commentary, and is NOT a source of real news.
To subscribe to the “Top Ten” for free, please visit www.gipperten.com . Then, complete the “subscribe” boxes and submit.
While on the site, you can catch up on previous Top Tens from 2016-2019 by scrolling back. Enjoy!
To communicate with the editor, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org .