Last week, the Washington Post ran this headline after the terrorist leader of ISIS killed himself and his children as American forces were pursuing him:
“BAKR al-BAGHDADI, AUSTERE RELIGIOUS SCHOLAR at HELM of ISIS, DIES at 48.”
This was a new low for the Wash-Post, to many observers of the once-proud news organization… Herewith are the Top Ten ways current Post leadership might have treated major American news events:
10. PLAN FOR DEVELOPING NATION’S CAPITOL TO DESTROY MILES OF IRREPLACEABLE WETLANDS
9. MONDALE CARRIES MINNESOTA, TROUNCING REAGAN STATEWIDE, 51-49%
8. ECCENTRIC SCULPTOR TO GAIN PERSONALLY FROM DEVIOUS PROJECT AT MOUNT RUSHMORE
7. IN LANDING 165,000 TROOPS ON NORMANDY BEACHES, MILITARY BRASS FAIL TO CONSIDER TRANSGENDER CONCERNS
6. LEAVING DEBRIS ON THE MOON, NASA APPEARS TO THWART FIRST LADY’S BEAUTIFICATION PROGRAM
5. JAPANESE AIRCRAFT STRAY IN TO U. S. AIRSPACE OVER OAHU
4. SOVIETS AND DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF GERMANY CONSTRUCT WALL and “DEATH ZONE” TO REPEL FORCES OF FASCISM FROM ENTERING THE EAST
3. CLINTON WOULD BE FIRST PRESIDENT TO FACE REMOVAL FOR MERE DALLIANCES
2. A RUSSIAN ALASKA WOULD SERVE U.S. INTERESTS … Lincoln, Seward still bent on purchase
,,,and the NUMBER ONE WASHINGTON POST HEADLINE RE-WRITE from AMERICAN HISTORY is:
1.LYRICIST FRANCIS SCOTT KEY APPARENTLY OBLIVIOUS to the CARBON and CLIMATE IMPACTS of ‘THE ROCKETS’ RED GLARE”
“Your Weekly American Top Ten list” is intended as humorous commentary, and is NOT a source of real news.
To subscribe to the “Top Ten” for free, please visit www.gipperten.com . Then, complete the “subscribe” boxes and submit.
While on the site, you can catch up on previous Top Tens from 2016-2019 by scrolling back. Enjoy!
To communicate with the editor, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org .