10. These days, a Congressman won’t even meet with you for a mere $150,000.
9. Just in the last year, the number of genders has increased by 3,087%.
8. Commercial airline pilot threatens “not landing as planned” over the intercom, unless additional payments are made (following pretzel distribution).
7. Your hotel mini-bar offers “expired chocolate bars” at much-appreciated $20 discount.
6. Joseph Biden has actually convinced one voter in Elizabeth, New Jersey that his $5 trillion welfare boondoggle is “actually paid for.”
5. Price break: at the supermarket, you are enticed by sale: “Special This Week: Five Pounds of Potatoes, Only One Wheelbarrow of US currency.”
4. In Beverly Hills, pedestrians espy a disheveled Lady Gaga holding sign: “Will Sing my Lungs Out for Less-Than-Fresh Caviar.”
3. Perusing your local church thrift shop, you ponder “Discount for Payments in Gold Bullion.”
2. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen appears in wig and sunglasses for her own news conference.
…and the NUMBER ONE SIGN THAT INFLATION MAY BE HEADING OUT of CONTROL is:
- At the gas station, you simply hand over your vehicle as payment.
“Your Weekly American Top Ten list” is intended as humorous commentary, and is NOT a source of real news.
To subscribe to the “Top Ten” for free, please visit www.gipperten.com . Then, complete the “subscribe” boxes and submit.
While on the site, you can catch up on previous Top Tens from 2016-2021 by scrolling back. Enjoy!
To communicate with the editor, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org .