10. There is no “A” train subway service to the Hilton Head beaches.
9. He hadn’t heard the term “Cracker” since his buddy Al Sharpton incited that famous arson incident.
8. You mean there are no local income taxes in this state?
7. Noo Yawk sounds about the same in a Carolina accent.
6. Voters in Beaufort really appreciated hearing about Mrs. deBlasio’s $1 billion in phantom mental health spending.
5. Even the college graduates in Columbia,SC needed a second explanation for that “Sanctuary City” idea.
4. People can really carry pistols for their own protection down here?
3. Yes, mayor, no toll is charged to cross this bridge.
2. Folks down here actually believe that if they tax too much, people will leave the state.
…and the NUMBER ONE SURPRISE for NYC MAYOR DeBLASIO DURING HIS “EXPLORATORY” VISIT to SOUTH CAROLINA is:
1. South Carolinians kept confusing Big Bill with his fellow presidential hopeful: South Bend, Indiana Mayor Peter Buttigieg.
“Your Weekly American Top Ten list” is intended as humorous commentary, and is NOT a source of real news.
To subscribe to the “Top Ten” for free, please visit www.gipperten.com . Then, complete the “subscribe” boxes and submit.
While on the site, you can catch up on previous Top Tens from 2016-2019 by scrolling back. Enjoy!
To communicate with the editor, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org .