Can you guess which courses below are actually being offered this autumn…. and which were invented by your humble editor? Answers at bottom.
10 . Are Elections Really Necessary for True Progressives? The stellar progressive examples of Fidel, Maduro, Erdogan, Ortega , Mugabe, Zuma and others will be discussed.
9. Who Needs Mathematics? Course will explore how math extremists use arithmetic calculations to warn about deficits and prevent “the people” from spending on human needs.
8. Dating in a Post-Gender World. As human interaction becomes less necessary for reproduction, each person can be liberated from patriarchal, confining, pre-determined roles.
7. Queering the Bible
6. Vampires: Evolution Of A Sexy Monster
5. Saints, Witches, and Madwomen
4. Race, Gender, Sexuality and U.S. Culture in Video Games
3. First World Safe Spaces for 24/7 Mourning the Defeats of Hillary, Bernie and Robert Mugabe
2. Rednecks, Queers, and Country Music
…and the NUMBER ONE “ALTERNATIVE” COLLEGE COURSE OFFERED in FALL SEMESTER 2018 is:
1. Cannibalism: A workable substitute for Animal Products. Course will survey this Eco-Friendly alternative from Cro-Magnon times to today’s working communes.
“Your Weekly American Top Ten list” is intended as humorous commentary, and is not a source of real news. To subscribe for free to the “Top Ten,” please visit www.gipperten.com . Then, complete the “subscribe” boxes and submit, Enjoy!
Course # 7 is actually being offered at Swarthmore.
Course # 6 is a credit course at the University of Kentucky.
Course # 5 comes to us courtesy of the University of Nebraska.
Course #4 is in the University of Michigan course catalogue.
And course #2 is also a real course at the University of Michigan.
Courses # 10, 9, 8, 3 and 1 were created by yours truly.
Special thanks to Casey Dickinson, Michael Jones and Emilio Avelar, along with our friends at Young America’s Foundation, for providing the frightening but actual courses being offered at US colleges and universities this year.