10. That horrible “Atlas” in Rockefeller Center! Another half-naked male running the world.
9. Furthermore, George Washington’s false teeth were made from illegal Honduran mahogany.
8. No, really. Columbus is the one who first said, “Drop the gun, take the cannoli.”
7. Shakespeare’s plays never included a single transgender character.
6. No, no… there’s no Stonewall Jackson statue in Harlem; that’s Michael Jackson.
5. No mention in Grant’s Tomb of his imperialistic cavalry on actual Mexican soil.
4. Sure, Augustus Roebling built the Brooklyn Bridge. But how many women did he hire for construction?
3. OK, glad to know. Bryant Park is not named for Anita Bryant.
2. Tell me again, which Indians did Leif Erickson exploit?
…. and the NUMBER ONE COMMENT HEARD at the “MAYORAL ADVISORY COMMISSION on CITY ART, MONUMENTS and MARKERS” is:
1. And what is the most “progressive” way to return the Statue of Liberty?
Subscribe for free to “Your Weekly American Top Ten List” by logging on to www.gipperten.com . Then, complete the “subscribe” boxes and submit. While on the site, catch up on past “Top Tens” from 2016 and 2017. Enjoy !!