10. Senator Schumer is holding up the President’s Ambassadorial nominations…. (Wait — Wasn’t that happening anyway?)
9. Paramours at Department of Justice have even more time for extra curricular activities.
8. White House Mess now offering only KFC and Taco Bell at lunch. (Now the President may never compromise).
7. Despondent Federal employees available for interviews at nearly all ski resorts near major media markets.
6. Government workers around the US will need a few extra years to replace Federal building lobby portraits of President Obama with those of President Trump.
5. “Vital” winter Federal trainings in Las Vegas, the US Virgin Islands, Atlantic City and San Diego postponed for weeks (WEEKS, I tell you!)…. (These are all actual locations of past Federal trainings!)
4. A few guys down at the bar are wondering if maybe big government isn’t as necessary as they’ve been telling us.
3. Federal GSA workers lament that whitewashing of the Washington Monument must be postponed until spring.
2. U.S. Embassy in Cuba just might have to be closed.
…and the NUMBER ONE LITTLE KNOWN CONSEQUENCE of the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT “SHUTDOWN” is:
1.Nancy Pelosi flew back to DC on a commercial flight.
“Your Weekly American Top Ten list” is intended as humorous commentary, and is NOT a source of real news. To subscribe to the “Top Ten” for free, please log on to www.gipperten.com . Then, complete the “subscribe” boxes and submit.
While on the site, you can catch up on previous Top Tens from 2016 – 18 by scrolling back. Enjoy!
To communicate with the editor, please e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org