10. Drink lots of high test coffee prior to debate.
9. Make a big deal out of a perfectly legal tax deduction by your opponent’s running mate.
8. Perfect that “What, me worry?” grin.
7. The louder you are when interrupting, the more respect you will command.
6. Navy Seals risked their lives to land in a Pakistani compound and hunt down Osama bin-Laden…
But give all credit to a politician watching on TV in Washington.
5. Decide prior to debate if you want to present a rabid image, or just a barkingly aggressive one.
4. Downplay your running mate’s criminality.
(E-mails? To whom? Donations to which foundation, again, sir ?)
3. Pretend not to hear these words: “Benghazi,” “pay-to-play,” “server bleaching.”
2. Always refer to your partner / running mate by her first name only.
Exemptions encouraged for Madonna, Beyonce and Cher, where applicable.
…and the NUMBER ONE TIM KAINE DEBATING POINTER is:
- Never stop talking, no matter what.
To subscribe for free to “Your Weekly American Top Ten list,” please visit www.gipperten.com . Complete the “subscribe” boxes and receive one e-mail per week.
You can also catch up on previous Top Tens on the site. Thank you and enjoy!